The Chief Sales Leader Framework™
A methodology used by sales teams to execute with precision – – effectively, efficiently & predictably
The Genesis of The Chief Sales Leader Framework™
After nearly 30-years of searching for a management solution for building sustainable revenue growth year-after-year I found a framework in an unlikely place – – a college textbook that had set on my bookshelf for 30-years – – The Principles of Strategic Management. The basic concept is that for a company, and its leaders, to achieve success year-after-year they need to proactively manage three strategic processes and twelve operating processes:
- Strategy – forecasting, planning, organization structure, and culture
- Execution – process, people, technology, and information
- Evaluation – tracking, analyzing, reporting, and process improvement
If the Principles of Strategic Management are the foundation for building company success shouldn’t the sales profession – – Chief Sales Executives, Sales Managers, and Salespeople – – use them to achieve revenue growth success year-after-year?
How Can The Principles of Strategic Management Help Chief Sales Executives?
Through the lens of The Principles of Strategic Management the root cause of sales management failure is clear – – when Chief Sales Executives and Sales Managers proactively manage and measure all three strategic and twelve operating sales processes they have a higher probability of succeeding – – when they don’t, they don’t.
Here are a couple of examples. If your sales managers are spending the majority of their time on:
- Managing salespeople and sales procedures it’s a safe bet that the other ten operating processes will operate ineffectively, inefficiently and unpredictably – – the result is sales management failure
- Managing sales forecasting and sales reporting it’s a safe bet that the other ten operating processes will operate ineffectively, inefficiently and unpredictably – – the result is sales management failure
Do You Need The Chief Sales Leader Framework™?
You should take a look if your sales team is:
- Wasting time, money and morale on an uncoordinated blizzard of process improvement initiatives i.e. new compensation plans, sales training, sales pitches, etc.
- Frequently replacing sales managers and salespeople
- Continuously distracting your technical experts i.e. product, service, pricing, sales and other managers
- Struggling to pinpoint and address the root cause of poor execution and revenue growth
- Inconsistently executing and/or ignoring the twelve sales operating processes
- Being disabled, rather than enabled, by technology
When Is The Chief Sales Leader Framework™ Used?
The Chief Sales Leader Framework™ is used across all stages of the business life cycle as Investors, CEOs, Chief Sales Executives, Sales Managers and Sales People work to:
- Build a sales team
- Assess a sales team
- Improve a sales team
- Restructure a sales team
- Merge sales teams